Thursday, July 14, 2016

Joy Division Tribute Album July 2016















This year has marked a significant change in my musical career, after 33 years of ebm
I decided that I don't want to just do only ebm for the rest of my living life and always
been a fun thing to do but I like other genres too, I decided to use my legal name for
music as well for somethings and have more electro and ebm thing still Joel Bisson
but for you to understand this, since 1996 I used the name Joel Bisson on everything
now I decided to use my name Dreaver for releases in music and printed credits on cds
ect. I released my first album as Joel Dreaver in January/February 2016. November Sky.
Anyhow I just today on the 14th of July 2016 because I am in New York Timezone am
still in the 14th not the 15th which is Ian Curtis's birthday and I wrote a song for someone
in January which started November Sky on the 11th of January 2016, my friend said it has
a hint of Joy Division, I didn't think much of it, until I met someone who offered me a spot
on a Tribute to Ian Curtis album which is now released in France on July 15th 2016, now
remember I am still on the 14th July 2016 but I remember what my friend said in January
about the song sounding similar to JD so I submitted this song called Star-Crossed and he
said it's the most Joy Division Sounding song, I re-recorded the vocals 10 times today to
deliver on time, what was missing in the first 9 takes was anxious rage.

http://thejdsyndicate.bandcamp.com/album/life-a-legacy

Here's a refresher of the JD Documentary on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qQsHGHi8w&t=4732s

No comments: