Sunday, October 12, 2014

Yamaha Musical Product History

Today I will talk a bit about Yamaha synths, samplers and drum modules, I first became aware of Yamaha through 80's music with the DX7 on every song but I knew of other synths and today I want to talk about my gear and other people's gear, I have a Yamaha TX81Z, Yamaha TX7, Yamaha FB-01, Yamaha RX5,  Yamaha RX21,  Akai S1000PB, Peavey SP and Peavey SX, Roland JV1080, Roland S-550, Roland S-330, E-MU Proteus/1, Yamaha PSS-480, now to start off by saying I listen to a lot of different music and some music falls into the industrial music vein, so the PSS-480 has the same sounds as a PSS-680, ect. some of the small keyboard had the same functions and now I see how effects are important with these fm synths pss models, I know Stin Scatzor and Lescure-13 used a PSS-680, I want to get as many synths as I can fit into my house, if I got a PSS-Portasound keyboard with a 4-track audio cassette recorder i could've released music in the early 90's but I didn't have that fortune, so now I will make a 10 track album on k 7.

Here is the page with all the product history for music instruments:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/chron.php

No comments: